We require a payment method to be kept on file. If your payment information is entered incorrectly or has changed, you may encounter a billing issue.
Things to Know
Here are some things to know about how we handle your payments.
- Releans uses a certified, secure, third-party vendor to process credit cards. For more information on the security of our third-party vendors.
- We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express credit cards. Discover and Amex cards are not supported by all currencies.
- We'll automatically save your payment method when you purchase a plan, Pay As You Go credits.
- As a security measure, our system imposes a 24-hour lockout period if a transaction is declined more than four times.
My credit card was declined
If your credit card was declined, here are a few possible reasons.
- The credit card may be expired.
Check the expiration date on your card and verify that we have the correct date in our system.
- The billing information may be incorrect.
Verify that the billing name, address, ZIP code, and CVV number for your credit card match what's in our system. The CVV number is a three-digit code printed on the back of most credit and debit cards. On American Express cards, it's a four-digit code on the front of the card.
- You may need to clear your browser's cache and cookies.
Sometimes, browsers will cache errors from previously failed attempts and prevent the transaction from going through. Remove your payment method, clear your browser's cache and cookies, and add your payment method again.
- The transaction timed out.
If the payment service is busy processing other transactions, your transaction could time out. Don't worry, your card won't be charged if there's a timeout. If the transaction times out, try again in a couple of minutes.
- The credit card is brand new or has a low spending limit.
Call your issuing bank to see if you need to increase your spending limit. Sometimes, banks will start new accounts with a low-security limit for fraud protection and may reject some purchases.
Our system tells us that a card has been declined, but doesn't provide details. If none of these steps resolve the issue, please contact your bank to find out why your card is being declined.
My PayPal payments aren't going through
If you use PayPal as the payment method on your Releans account, but don't see any posted transactions, the account information may not have saved properly in our system, or the account settings may need to be changed. Here are a few common issues.
- The PayPal account's payment source isn't set to immediate funding.
Make sure the payment source in your PayPal account is set to "immediate funding source." For more information on PayPal payments, contact PayPal support.
- The PayPal account wasn't connected.
Some browser settings interfere with the save button when you add PayPal as a payment method. If you have trouble trying to save your PayPal information, disable all pop-up blockers, browser extensions, and plugins, and save the account information again.