- How to send an SMS
- Send a branded text message
- Tips to send a successful campaign
- How quickly are messages delivered?
- How do I buy SMS credits?
- How many numbers can I send in one campaign?
- Global SMS coverage, all languages
- International support for Alphanumeric Sender ID
- Alphanumeric Sender ID
- What are the different delivery status and their meanings?
- Generic Sender (Overwritten sender ID)
- SMS delivered with a delay
- Why are my outgoing SMS not being delivered?
What are the different delivery status and their meanings?
After sending a message, its delivery status will be visible within the Messages History. The table below shows you the different status, their meanings, and the actions you can take to solve any issues you may have.
|Delivered||The message has been delivered and we received a confirmation via the DLR (delivery report).|
|Failed||We were unable to deliver the message. Possibly the mobile number was entered incorrectly or doesn't exist (anymore). It's also possible that the device wasn't connected with the network within the validity time span**|
|Undelivered||We were unable to deliver the message. The device was possibly not connected with the network within the validity time span**.|
|Sent||The message has been sent, but we didn't receive a delivery status yet. Possibly the device is switched off or has no connection.
This is a temporary status and will always change to either Delivered or Not delivered (within the validity time span*).
|Queued||The message has been sent, it's just in the queue for delivery.|
** Validity time is the validity of the SMS which is 24 to 72 hours, depending on the operator's settings.
What does 'Delivery Uncertain' mean?
It means that the message you have sent has been submitted to a network but no status report has yet been received from the mobile network. There are several factors that can contribute to the message delivering swiftly by the carrier:
- Recipient signal strength and connection to the network
- Problems with the network
- Carrier issues